Jump to content
Street Rod and Muscle Car Service
rivermobster

"A" Body Build - 71 Buick Skylark

Recommended Posts

This was a productive week, but I wanted to comment on the TA Performance frame pads we used.

They look great installed, right?

P_20180425_113809_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.30591426d4a195ad69aaf5afac962a1b.jpg

But once you set the engine in place, they don't exactly line up all too well.

I lined up the drivers side with no problem...

P_20180501_171433_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.1653defce45b8d04cd7a27980caf87bd.jpg

But then check out what the passenger side looked like!

P_20180501_171452_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.4da74bcc1e0275a94ff33cfd8e9e4741.jpg

Not even close by a Long shot!  I had to go back and loosen up all the bolts on the pads on both sides AND loosen up all the bolts holding the motor mounts to the engine.  Even then, it was still a wrestling match to get the through bolts properly I place.  Then go back and tighten up all the bolts all over again.

You know how fun the pad bolts inside the frame are to get to, right?  And the block bolts would have been impossible to get to if the exhaust had been in place.

Eventually I got the job done, but many hours in frustration were spent on something that normally would take five minutes.

🤐

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So to get all the accessories hooked up, with only one ignition source, we have to add a few relays and stuff to get this accomplished.

So first we need a map to get everything installed...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now with the radiator and cooling fans in, we can start getting everything all wired up...

I had to go see my friends at Performance Tube Bending to get this sweet little cooling fan sensor adaptor fabracted up for me.

P_20180518_130749_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.cdd7379aff2c47340d1543bfae84b17c.jpg

 

P_20180518_131052_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.998f42e24e1704883185cb0fe0304654.jpg

 

Starting to look like an engine now...

 

P_20180517_204158_vHDR_On.thumb.jpg.4689e6c44f9d03d7dc53b1b57ff945e7.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To finish the steering, which included a new Flaming River keyed tilt column I had to get a new steering shaft installed.  Had to also get all the plumbing done for the Hydro boost we installed.  Looked real nice all done...

 

 

P_20180522_105943_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had it towed over to Hotchkis to get the final alignment done.  Looking forward to getting it back and getting some miles on this beast.

Stay tuned!

 

P_20180524_120851_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20180523_113124_vHDR_Auto.jpg

P_20180524_121746_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...