Street Rod and Muscle Car Service
Sign in to follow this  
rivermobster

2 Stroke Rectifier nightmare...

So for Desert Storm, I usually head out to Parker for the whole week.  It's a beautiful time of year at the river, before it really gets hot!

So I back my boat under the awning to put the battery charger on it.  I'm to lazy to actually climb in the boat and access the batteries, so I decide to pull the engine cover off and hook the charger to the alternator terminal.

First thing I notice is this...

P_20180415_101504_vHDR_On.jpg

So I took a ride to Havasu Springs and they guy there said he sees this happen all the time.  *great*

I call my pal Daniel that used to work at Hallett, and he says come by and lets see.  So up to Havasu I go to see Daniel @ Barratt Custom Marine.  A new one from Mercury is almost 300 bucks if i remember right, and we check with all the places in town, and find a guy that has ONE.  Great.

So on to the internet, now that I have cell service, and I find a place back east that has 20 in stock!  And the price is about 125.00 each.  He ships em to me and I finally get them on Friday.  A whole week at the river with no boat.

:badmood:

And then.........

They finally showed up at the Earp post office.  :D

So back together we go...

With the trusty swim step on my friends Stoker, I get everything reinstalled.  Finally back on the water!

P_20180420_143708_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20180420_143717_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20180420_155930_vHDR_On.jpg

At least I salvaged the weekend!  

The other nice thing about this nightmare is...

I had an intermetent no start problem that would happen maybe once a year.  I got lucky (sorta) on this trip, cause the engine went to no start!  Jumped the netural safety switch.  No go.  Jumped the actual ignition switch. No go.  Pulled the engine cover off, carefully out on the water, and started moving things around.  When I touched the big plug that connected the engine harness to the shifter harness, the dam thing started right up!

Turned out to be a loose connection inside the main harness plug.  Finally after probably four years, I put that gremlin to rest. 

So as far as boat issues go, this weekend turned out pretty well.  :1dude:

P_20180421_185140_vHDR_On.jpg

On 8/13/2018 at 7:10 PM, rivermobster said:

And then.........

They finally showed up at the Earp post office.  :D

So back together we go...

With the trusty swim step on my friends Stoker, I get everything reinstalled.  Finally back on the water!

P_20180420_143708_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20180420_143717_vHDR_On.jpg

P_20180420_155930_vHDR_On.jpg

I sure hope you shot that lizard and put it on the bar-b.

1 hour ago, rivermobster said:

And put a hole in the house??

:S

I take it that you're not much of a shot, eh. :grin:

Damn! that's a nice collections of smileys you've got there Joe.  You might consider helping old rd out in that area. :fsakes:

1 hour ago, Dave Mosimo said:

I take it that you're not much of a shot, eh. :grin:

Damn! that's a nice collections of smileys you've got there Joe.  You might consider helping old rd out in that area. :fsakes:

Let's just say I don't use BB guns when I'm shooting. 😉